Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: I am sad

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    I am sad


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Unhappy I am sad

    Found out about a local deal for Altec drivers... fellow had bought el cheapo plastic horns.

    Why? The Altec horns were way too big...he showed me the pics where he had de-installed...

    3 pairs of 329's!!!!!!!!!!!

    He had scrapped them for the aluminum...a call to the junkyard yielded that everything gets shredded...

    I am very sad today. Not just that I could have gotten rich...but every one gone is one that can never be replaced.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: I am sad

    Why do people DO that? Sad indeed.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2009
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I am sad

    Cheer up man. I hate to see them go but that just makes yours more valuable.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member airboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I am sad

    I don't have a story that catastrophic but I do recall once scrapping, tossing in home garbage can, 12 each Telefunken 12AX7s pulled from a '50s Miracord recorder with a dead transport. I didn't know how to interpret my tube tester. They all read about 35%. In other words, Perfect!

    Someplace in Washington, in a landfill, under a mountain of rotting garbage......
    Last of the World's Great Human Beings, well maybe one of the last? OK, just an ordinary slacker then.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: I am sad

    For some reason I'm sensing a scrap yard worker dancing up a storm because this guy did that, they most likely were spotted and saved. the guys that work in those places are pretty keen on knowing whats valuable and whats not.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member aditya's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2009
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: I am sad

    It is really sad indeed......

    But nature (mother nature) is like that....
    It programmes a person to make money.....
    It also programmes another person to steal it....
    If only we knew the intentions....
    It would have saved us from lots of troubles....

    Aditya

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.